Effective 13 June 2018.
Purpose and who we are
Green Mountain Quality Assurance, LLC is a Vermont limited liability company with a principal place of business at 1497 Golf Course Road, Warren, VT 05674 U.S.
What You Agree to by Using Our Services
We gather the following general types of information about Users through provision of our Services:
Personally Identifiable Information provided directly by you. We may ask you to provide personal information from you when you sign-up for email notifications, such as subscribing for our newsletter, when you contact us for general information or to pose a question, make a comment, or report a problem, when you register or express interest in a training event (such as a workshop, webinar, eLearning, or ad hoc Q&A sessions), inquire or provision GMQA consulting, assessment, audit, or in-house training sessions, request a business travel visa, and pay for any GMQA Services. Personal information may include your name, email, title, professional history, dietary restrictions, phone numbers, company name and address, billing address for payments, credit card and bank details. Personal information may also include course data, such as student responses on assignments, exams, quizzes, surveys. Personal information may further include photographs of individuals and groups during GMQA training events for use in marketing materials. Personal information may also include, passport details, drivers license details, other photo identification documentation, and birthdate and location. For security purposes, any sensitive data, such full credit card details, passport details, birthdate and location, license details, any photo identification documentation that you provide to GMQA is destroyed by GMQA immediately after provision of the required Services.
Personally Identifiable Information provided by Third Party Sites. We may receive Personally Identifiable Information when you access or log-in to a third party site, such as when you make payments to us using one of our payment processors, such as Stripe, Square, or PayPal or via bank deposit or wire transfer. We may also receive information from our partners to support our marketing initiatives, improve our Services, and better monitor manage and measure our ad campaigns, such as details about when our partner shows you one of our ads on or via its advertising platform.
What Information We Collect
We may use the personal information we obtain about you to:
- Provision Services. Create and manage your Account, provide and personalize our Services, process payments and respond to your inquiries.
- Participation in GMQA Training Events. We use personal information we collect from you when you register for and attend a GMQA training event, including but not limited to tracking attendance, progress, and completion of a course. We may archive this information and/or use it for future communications with you, where we are legally entitled to do so.
- Identity Verification. For GMQA Services that require identity verification, we use the personal information that we collect for verifying your identity and providing related documentation that may be required to obtain and authenticate your use of the Services. For example, we may collect and use your personal information when you request that we provide a business travel visa letter in order to attend a GMQA training event. Your sensitive data, such as your passport details, birthdate and location, photo identification documentation, will be deleted immediately after provision of the related Services.
- Communicate with You. We communicate with you by sending you emails about your transactions and Service-related communications, including your courses, new services, new features, promotions, newsletters, and other communications (for which you can opt out at any time). We may also archive this information and/or use it for future communications with you, where we are legally entitled to do so.
- Surveys and Contests. Administer surveys, contests and other promotions.
- Marketing and Promotion. We may promote our Services and send you tailored marketing communications about products, services, offers, programs and promotions of GMQA and our partners and to measure the success of those campaigns. For example, we may tailor marketing communications to you based upon the training events you have attended and future training events for which you may be eligible. We also use photographs of event attendees for future marketing and promotional materials.
- Improving our Services. We may use data analytics related to your use of our websites and systems, including third party systems, to learn about how our Services are access and used, evaluate and improve our Services (including developing new products and services and managing our communications) and monitor and measure the effectiveness of our advertising. We usually do this based on anonymous or aggregated information which does not focus on you individually.
- Security. Ensure the security and integrity of our Services.
- Third party relationships. Manage our vendor and partner relationships and other legal and compliance requirements, including local and federal tax requirements. Specifically, we use various service providers, vendors and contractors (collectively, "Contractors") to assist us in providing our products and services to you and in complying with local, federal and international laws. Our Contractors may have limited access to your Personally Identifiable Information in the course or providing their products or services to us, so that we in turn can provide our Service to you. Our Contractors may provision services that include technology services related to our websites and systems and infrastructure, book-keeping and accounting services, legal services, advertising and marketing services, and banking and payment processing services. Access to your Personally Identifiable Information by these Contractors is limited to the information reasonably necessary for the contractor to perform its limited function for us.
- Enforcement. Enforce our Terms of Service and other legal terms and policies.
- Protection. Protect our and other's interests, rights, and property (e.g., to protect our Users from fraud or abuse).
- Comply with the Law. Comply with applicable legal requirements, such as tax and other government regulations and industry standards, contracts and law enforcement requests. GMQA may share your Personally Identifiable Information with various government authorities in response to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process; to establish or exercise our legal rights or to protect our property; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law. In such cases we reserve the right to raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us. We may also share your Personally Identifiable Information when we believe it is appropriate to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal or suspected illegal activities; to protect and defend the rights, property, or safety of GMQA, the websites, our Users or others; and in connection with our Terms of Service and other agreements.
How We Use Your Personal Information
Any questions or comments you voluntarily submit directly to GMQA for inclusion in the GMQA Data Integrity & Data Science Newsletter or for the purposes of participating in any GMQA discussion forums or posts will be posted by GMQA to these newsletters, forums, and posts anonymously, unless you give explicit permission in writing for your comments and questions to be attributed to you and unless you also provide explicit permission regarding what Personally Identifiable Information (such as your name and email address) may be provided in these public forums. Please note that when you choose to post a comment directly yourself to a GMQA forum, such as posting a comment on a GMQA blog or GMQA Instagram post, you will be solely responsible for any Personally Identifiable Information you choose to share and all associated liability.
GMQA Newsletter and Forums
GMQA does not knowingly solicit, collect, or retain information from any individuals who are under the age of eighteen (18), as such individuals must not provide their name, email address, or any other identifying information without the consent of your parent or guardian, or as otherwise provided by applicable law. If we learn that we have obtained personal information of a child under 18, we will take steps to delete the information as soon as possible.
We keep your Personally Identifiable Information for no longer than necessary for the purposes for which the Personally Identifiable Information is processed. The length of time we retain Personally Identifiable Information depends on the purposes for which we collect and use it and/or as required to comply with applicable laws and to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights.
Retention of Personally Identifiable Information
Confidentiality & Security
You are responsible for ensuring the accuracy of the Personally Identifiable Information you submit to GMQA and for keeping this information as current as required.
You may have certain rights around the use of your data, including the ability to opt out of promotional emails, cookies, and collection of your data by certain analytics providers. You can update or terminate your account from within our Services.
In addition, where applicable law requires (and subject to any relevant exceptions under law), you may have the right to access, update, change, delete, restrict or prevent the processing of, and obtain a copy of your Personally Identifiable Information.
To exercise your rights to access, update, change or delete personal information, contact us at privacy@GMQA.net. When you email us with a request, we may ask that you provide us with information necessary to confirm your identity.
You can also elect not to receive marketing communications by changing your preferences or by following the unsubscribe instruction in such communications or by changing the email preferences in your account. Note that regardless of your email preference settings, we will send you transactional and relationship messages regarding the Services, including administrative confirmations, order confirmations, important updates about the Services, and notices about our policies.
Please note that, for technical reasons, there is likely to be a delay in deleting your personal information from our systems when you ask us to delete it. Please also note, that even after your account has been terminated, we also will retain and disclose personal information in order to comply with the law, protect our and others' rights, resolve disputes or enforce our legal terms or policies or agreements, to the extent permitted under applicable law.
Your Rights and Choices
If you have any privacy-related questions, suggestions, unresolved problems, or complaints, of if you want to update, delete, or change any Personal Information we hold, you may contact us via email at privacy@GMQA.net. Alternatively, you may also contact us by postal mail at: Green Mountain Quality Assurance, LLC, ATTN: Privacy Officer, 1497 Golf Course Road, Warren, Vermont 05674 USA. Please notify us immediately regarding any compromise or unauthorized use of your accounts with GMQA or unauthorized use of GMQA platforms, systems, and Services.
Questions, Suggestions and Concerns